We are always in need for Volunteers to help out with the Guadalupe Workers monthly meeting for families!
- The address is 4300 Central St, Detroit, MI 48210.
- Volunteers 1:00-4:30 (Families 2:00-4:00)
The moms are in one room with their activity while the children are in 3 rooms by age; infants, little kids, and the big kids.
Volunteer jobs include:
- Drivers to pick up families and bring them to the event
- Childcare helper…….all you need is willingness to help where needed, follow the facilitator’s cues,
- Other…..food prep/serve, runner, sort and clean, table mover, hauling stuff as needed
- Childcare room leader- experience teaching, leading, coaching is helpful
We can never have too many volunteers! The best volunteers will take initiative to engage the children one-on-one toward building relationships. Volunteers have something to give, something to gain. We miss out when we stand on the sidelines. So if and when we find ourselves standing in a crowded room of kids, wondering what in the world to do….. let’s introduce ourselves by name and start getting to know someone of these wonderful children. Spend time. We are family! Give voice to other’s gifts, encourage them in their strengths. That’s our main job. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VOLUNTEERING. You make a difference!
Original post by: https://www.facebook.com/groups/www.guadalupeworkers.org