According to the National Review, “Once upon a time, Democrats wanted abortion to be “safe, legal, and rare.” Today, that mantra is “unregulated, on demand, and” — in the state of Oregon — “free.”
- No, we don’t need a reason! We can do that!
- Oh, you want to wait until you have a boy, not a girl! We can do that!
- We know the due date is tomorrow, but we can do your abortion today! We can do that!
- The taxpayers have a lot of money so lets just give more of it to Medicaid! – We can do that!
- No, we won’t tell your parents! We can do that!
- You’re a minor! The father is how old? It’s okay to tell us that, but don’t tell the officials. We can do that!
“Oregon’s Governor signed a law that would force all Oregon insurers to cover abortions, whatever the reason, at no cost to patients. House Bill 3391-B compels insurers, public or private, to provide a whole swathe of “reproductive services” free of cost and regardless of income, insurance type, citizenship status, or gender identity. Because the bill prohibits insurers from shifting costs to customers in the form of higher deductibles or co-pays, private insurers will be forced to eat the costs — or, more likely, to distribute them among their customers through higher premiums. Medicaid will receive an extra $10 million from the state to cover the procedures. Rammed through both chambers of the state legislature on party lines, the bill has finally been signed by Democratic Governor Kate Brown.”
(Democratic Governor Kate Brown)